This article describes a solution for a common error message displayed when images are not loading. The error message generally looks something like this: The following error(s) occured: Could not create cache clean timestamp file.
This error generally means there is a security setting on the web server which prevents the TimThumb PHP script from writing to the cache and thus preventing image from loading.
The solution is to modify one of the themes files and adjust the TimThumb settings to play nicely on your web server:
- Log into your web server via FTP
- Locate a file called timthumb-config.php – this is found within your wordpress installation here: ../wp-content/themes/Sterling/framework/extended/timthumb
- Open that file in the code editor of your choice and make the coding change below:
- locate this code on line 11:
define ('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY', '');
And replace it with this:
define ('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY', './cache');
- Save the file and upload it to the web server. Images should now be working nicely.